View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

[QUOTE=easy-lift guy;4375678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
the way I see it, I work for them.

they are the one hiring me and writing a check to me.

it's not really them dictating when I work. most clients know I work any day of the week if I'm behind. that includes Sundays and holidays. it's more of them checking to make sure I'm

coming since it is Easter and some do take it off.

I'm gonna assume my clients feel the same way I do towards there neighbors and aren't concerned what they think. I have to make a living. I don't live in some small town where everything shuts down. people still work. lots of home owners can be seen doing there own yard work. almost nothing shuts down due to Easter.
shopping centers and restaurants are still open.
You may not believe this but IMHO you are under the control of your customers more than you know. Speaking for myself, if I had 10 of my customers calling me about weather I was going to be mowing their lawns in time for the weekend I would have to seriously review my workload
or find some additional way to secure PT help to avoid this issue from ever happening again.
I hope you will be able to find some time to rest and reflect upon the advise given, otherwise the burnout time for this line of work may be approaching faster than you know.
Take care of yourself.
easy-lift guy
Posted via Mobile Device
it's not really advise when I'm happy with the way things going with the relationship I have with my clients.

I didn't get into business to have the attitude I work for myself. and I don't necessarly run my business that way. I run it based off of what the clients want and demand. that's the way I choose.

Page generated in 0.04355 seconds with 7 queries