View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-G View Post
WE RUN MON-FRI 8-4....NO EXCEPTIONS !!! myself and my crew have a life, family, ect. ect. if it rains oh well we get behind....deal with it!!! we have been running this way for 25 yrs. and it has work out great...why should we lose our time off just because it rains....rain affects all of us...customers included...they either wait or find another lco....funny thing is we hardley ever lose a client due to being behind....and we NEVER work ANY holidays.....
you wanna cookie for that.

not everyone values holidays the same. I think if you wanna work the holiday work the holiday. if you don't, don't. the only 2 holidays I'm ever off is Christmas and new years day and that only because it's winter and if there's no snow. it's pretty common for me to be working all the other holidays unless by a miracle I would be all caught up with my work.

as for rain days. those are when I do the things I would done on my days off had I kept on schedule. makes no sense to me to be off tues due to rain and still take off sat. so on tues when it's raining I do what I planned to do on sat so I can work sat. I usually try for 2 days off a week, usually try for sat and sun but sometimes the weather screws that up. doesn't really matter to me what 2 days I get. there are plenty of jobs where you get diff days off each week so why should my business be any different that I have to have every single sat and sun off no matter what.

Last edited by yardguy28; 04-10-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.05528 seconds with 7 queries