View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
OK, thanks...

The reason I ask the question is because people do not implement BMP, so my consideration is :

Will the adding of particular microbes, to accomplish a desired result, have any chance of living/surviving in a lawn, WHEN the irrigation is so loused up??

There are other things, I would imagine, that could impede the survival of applied microbes... I'm just using Trichoderma/anaerobic as an example...
Our job as professionals is to constantly tell our clients how important building a good foundation is to successful lawn care. That's why we are discussing microbial habitat improvement in this thread. But they are only a part of the puzzle. If over or under irrigation is not corrected, beneficial microbes are not going to have as much effect as we would like.

Now, I know that the average homeowner may not understand microbial activity in regards to plant health care, but we all can do a better job in relating the rewards of doing things correctly. People understand that a house built on rotten wood will not stand long and will cost more to repair than to build it properly in the first place.

I like to use fact sheets from State Universities to back up what I'm saying. Generally people will accept the source as reputable. If a client still wants a perfect lawn for a low price using methods that cause more problems than cures them, well there are other people who will appreciate your services.

Set your self apart from the competition.
Barry Draycott

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Page generated in 0.04290 seconds with 8 queries