View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscaper22 View Post
I really agree with Mr. G. Don't get me wrong...To each his own. But, all this about basically letting customers run your business is nonsense. If that is the case, then I would sit home half the time with nothing to do. Many want to wait until the grass it two weeks past needing cut in Spring to call, then they want it cut yesterday. They want you to skip when there is a drought, but don't want you any sooner when you have lots or rain and end up double cutting. Good luck getting double pay. Or they think it's too wet, or too this, or too that. Then you my friends end up driving all over town and back wasting gas to try to make these people happy.
It's my business, and I run it. Not my customers...........................................
I know this doesnt have to deal with the original topic but, here is how i deal with my residential skippers, I tell them sure i will skip your house due to lack of growth in your lawn. But im still charging you $XX for the cut that we didnt do!

yeah i lost a few customers because of it but i dont care! I lost a few headaches! We have plenty of Commercial stuff on our plate so theres nothing to worry about!

Page generated in 0.04172 seconds with 7 queries