View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 7,855
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
I usually avoid decorative water features, but I had to replace the pump in an urn bubbler for an existing customer. I installed a 500 gph mag drive which, as best that I could determine, is the standard size for this type of water feature. The customer would like the water to have a greater height than the approx 2 -3 " that it presently has.
My question is: Instead of moving up to the next larger size pump (700 gph). could I instead place a cap on the existing 1/2" stand pipe and drill a smaller than 1/2" hole to increase the PSI? How much smaller hole would I need to drill to get about 6" in water height?
you could possibly try using a 1/2" extender repair coupling or inside coupling. reverse the extender. this will close the opening to about 3/8" i believe
Attached Images
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04118 seconds with 9 queries