View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris68 View Post
Yes you would be interested in the soil pH for trees & shrubs. Every tree and shrub has an ideal pH and will perform best when growing in soil closest to that number. With that said a soil test is for much more than just pH. The following link is from the university of missouri. http://extension.missouri.edu/p/MG4

My recommendation to anyone starting out is that you make yourself familiar with the University Extension closest to the area you plan to work. The information is usually free and it comes from people who are familiar with your area. Information on mowing, fertilizing, pruning, soil testing etc...
What are you going to do if don't like the pH that your shrub and trees are growing in...?

How many feet away from one trunk to you test for? and how deep?

Most domestic landscapes have several inches of topsoil brought in for their turf and flowers... When I plant trees/shrubs, I'm always below this level...

At the risk of getting "Overly Complicated" , one need to think about where those tree roots are growing...

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 7 queries