Thread: Michigan LCO's
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningllc View Post
Guys I sent the link to the house bill to the police officer weigh master that wrote me a list of tickets and I got this in return from him.

Justin,
I sure am.* If it ultimately makes law, it wonít last too long though.* That adoption of law is tied to federal road money, that Michigan isnít going to be too thrilled with giving up.* But, I guess only time will tell!
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLawn View Post
Typical "public servant" trying desperately to justify his value to society. You may point out to Mr. Weighmaster that this exact topic was brought up during the hearings and the legal opinion received in return by the legislators was that there are no federal funds at risk in this matter. It was never the Fed's intention to regulate intrastate commerce for vehicles under 26k lbs. No surprise, the WM is speaking of things he knows nothing about, and wrong again.

That being said, don't get too excited about this bill coming through right now -- it is not the salvation we are all hoping for. Basically, all this one will allow us to do is take the DOT #'s off the trucks, lift the hours of service limits for snow plowing, and you no longer have to fill out daily inspection logs. Even if it passes, you will still have to carry your med card, and be subject to all the roadside equipment "inspections" we have today.

The holy grail bill that will make all this fix-it tickets hasn't even been sent to committee yet. We have the Farm Bureau on our side pushing for it, but even so I'm anticipating this one will be much harder to get passed.
Agreed, but this weighmaster is an idiot.

Not only are there no federal funds tied to it, the feds CAN'T regulate intrastate commerce according to the Constitution.

Maybe you could point that out to him Justin. The Constitution that he was sworn to uphold.

Page generated in 0.03720 seconds with 7 queries