View Single Post
Old 06-29-2000, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think anyone who's in grounds maintenance biz should have a chain saw. Its good for making some extra cash when things are slow. Like you said, to cut small limbs, also think about after-storm cleanup, fallen trees and limbs. Also if you live in a colder climate, think about delivering firewood if you have access to a dump truck.<p>But as far as brands go, I've always ran Stihl when it comes to chainsaws and concrete saws, even now in the Air Force, thats all we use. They are very dependable, low maint. machines, and the prices aren't too bad compared to echo, etc. Check them out. They also have a &quot;tool- less&quot; chain tightening syaytem that saves a ton of time in the field. I know your probobly looking for something small for what you say you'll be doing, but check out a larger power unit if it's not too much more $cratch. You'll be thankfull later if you end up getting more jobs for it, you can put a longer bar on it. Keep your options open and do the research!! Hope this helps<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

Page generated in 0.03719 seconds with 7 queries