View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Chapter 3

Wine, Women and Song

The next phase in any mans life is the Wine, Women and Song period. My phase was more like...Bud Dry, Women and Crue.

During this period I held many jobs unrelated to the Green Industry. But business is business for the most part. I tried the Dark Side.

In every industry criminals lurk to steal what you have worked hard for. I worked to deter and apprehend those who failed to make payment.

I worked in the industry of what was called "Loss Prevention". Thwarting theft at retailers was not just a job, it was an adventure. It is amazing how people will lie and the incredible effort they will expend to steal from a place that pays them to work there. Or the effort from those who claimed to be shopping.

I could go on and on about all the idiots I tackled in the parking lots stealing radios, lobsters, baby formula, etc.. It was truly depressing.

I spent six years in this game. It was a great lesson.

I would have to express this lesson as a lesson of distrust. Do not see things as they appear, see them as a Hollywood feature. A sham.

I see it here at Lawnsite, there are liars and snake oil salesman. Its a talent, or a curse.

Well Toroguy what about the Wine, Women and Crue?

Yes, being a young man, relegated to the duty of internal and external theft detection also led to the observation of many lovely...ladies. Opportunities...business and life is an opportunity. I now realize the extent of blown opportunities! Business and personal satisfaction. I regret both blown opportunities...not equally.

No, I didn't fail...I should have, could have done better - in both arenas.

Blown opportunities: I never blew a opportunity for Beer...

I have some regrets with the ladies...but,

this is a business forum and I will focus on the financial regrets. I blew the opportunity to invest in a company I was employed by: "The Sound of Music".

The Sound of Music was a small retail chain of Electronics Stores here in MN. When I started with them they had nine stores. I blew it big time, when I was finally fired for being an idiot the company had grown to 26 stores. They are now known as...Best Buy Co.... had I invested a months pay back then it would have made me a millionaire.

My idiotic lesson learned was that of opportunity...see it, seek it, seize it...it may only come once...I plan not to miss the next one, or more proactively, create one for myself?

Coming soon Chapter 4....

Page generated in 0.04311 seconds with 7 queries