View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestImpressions99 View Post
Bear, I'll admit when I'm wrong and I am wrong. I also apologize about insulting you. I was also in the middle of a BAAAAD day when I saw your post. Again my apologies. If you do look at the pdf they do seem like a heavy duty machine, but then my question would be why would someone like Ridin Green say

If you read through this PDF, you'll see they are really more of a high end homeowner/low end commercial mower. Both the diesels weigh in less than many gas models from other name brands which is great for the turf, but it tells me that there's not as much material in their construction overall, and they have much lower BTS's as well. They also have tunnel decks, which I know firsthand will cut every bit as good as any deck made, but not when you're dealing with large amounts of thick grass, and taking of several inches at a time at high speed as is common in the spring. They do look interesting though, and I hope they turn out to be another good choice eventually.

http://www.masseyferguson.us/Library...s-Brochure.pdf

Just a thought to toss out there. MF needs to make it easier to find when doing a google search to be honest with you.
Gus,
I mentioned in my post above yours where I replied to Razorblades why I think they are more high end homeowner/low end commercial as they are right now. With minor changes they could become what I would consider full commercial machines.

As far as the weight goes, like MCLC pointed out to me (because I flat out missed it in the PDF) the weight is without the mower deck, so they would probably be comparable wight wise to other diesel Z's.

I would like to see them offer the full depth decks like those on most other machines as an option for use in areas where it would be beneficial, and a little higher BTS's. Then I think they'd be on to something pretty good.

Too bad they are so few and far between. None of the dealers I have called have any (like I posted elsewhere here). Most are selling some other more well established line right now. Maybe that will soon change, and they'll start carrying their own line. I hope so, but even if it does, there simply aren't many MF dealers around anymore (at least not around me anywhere much) in the US as compared to overseas where they are very popular.

Page generated in 0.03276 seconds with 7 queries