View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
mtmower, tomorrow I will take some pics of the bagging system for you. Yes there is a very heavy duty bar the surrounds the top of the bagger and it comes standard not an option. It gets covered by the cloth cover. I have the 24 hp kawi(27hp old rating) and have not had any power issues bagging or in thick grass.

Great review on the 460! Honestly I believe Gravely hit the ball out of the park with the 400 series. It has raised the bar for comfort, features and fit/finish. I bought it after 15 years of being a Scag fanatic(still am). Its going to take the other companies a bit to catch up. Everything on the 400 series makes sense and is built very well. So far I am more than happy with my purchase. The only thing I can complain about is the clipping dispersal in wet thick/tall grass is not spread as good as the velocity deck dispersal. But 80% of that was cured with the chute off. This is in no way clumping and I have not had to double cut or blow the clippings. The QOC is really amazing and that was my main worry.

My decision is between the Kawasaki 31 hp and the Kohler 29 EFI (I think old hp rating, probably more like 25 hp) I like both engines. I know the Kaw will have the hp and the Kohler will have better gph. My concern with the Kohler is hp. I have the 28 Kohler EFI on my 66" Super Z and it's smooth and reliable but not enough power to bag and push my thatch rake. I know I'm not comparing apples to apples because the SZ has bigger pumps which is drawing more hp. It may work on the 460.

Page generated in 0.04144 seconds with 7 queries