View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
I have one killer yard that is all my Super Zs can do to stay on and that's creeping, fuel tanks for weight, armrests up and me hanging out as far as I can on the up hill side. The Walker I demoed was bad enough I slid off in to the woods but to be far I didn't check the tire psi ( I like around 10-12). I learned my lesson and I check psi on any mower I demo now. I can have a big effect of ride and traction between just a few psi. Didn't have a chance to put the 460 on it. Only cut on the flat. Maybe someone else can comment on hills. I did notice the 460 runs a 24x11.5x12 kenda brand tire where my SZs run 24x12x12 Carlisles. Basically the same tread just a .5" narrower which in theory should have a better bite since it has more lbs. per sq. in. Oddly the rep said they like to run mid 20 psi and he said he'd be afraid someone may break the bead or peal one off the rim if you got to low. He may have just been covering the company for liability sake.
I'd drop the pressure to 8 to 10 lbs on hills , but I run 11 in my Exmarks, and 7 in my Outlaw, I've never lost the bead yet, but I don't get stupid on a hill or I'm sure you could probably pop the bead. Some guys run their mowers like their tanks and then have all kinds of issues.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 7 queries