View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

A Blast from the Past! This is a post I made about a member that is no longer around. His posts and my translations and the end result. He was a lowballer and this is the life cycle of the lowballer that buys work.

Remember this guy?

Billie Bob's LLC Billie Bob's LLC
LawnSite Member

im with lawnworks, but lets just say i " started " over this year and have got about 35 weekly lawn maintenance accounts in a little over a month. i made a great flyer design that delivers a simple message at the right time. works like a charm. only passed about 1800 of them and plan on doing 10-12000 2-4 times this season. should be set in a few months.

Translation: I just got 35 weekly lawn maintenance accounts in a little over a month because I lowballed the $hit out of them. I'm a friggin genius. Amazingly with only 1800 flyers.

Heres where it gets really funny.

Billie Bob's LLC
LawnSite Member

i need an a$$ kicking
the story- ive been mowing for 3 years now. i recently switched from commerical to residential mowing this past year and at a high this year i had 40-45 lawns in a very short time.

the problem- i hear this too much " sorry billy but we just can't depend on you".

now i wouldnt post this if i wasn't looking for help. i need someone to put it thru my head and get me straight. i take full responsibility for my actions and somewhere throughout the season i kind of lost interest and got lazy. however, in all fairness to myself, ive got a truck that has been acting stupid lately. been at the ford house 3 times the last three weeks. im just not sure if i've gotten burned out or what.

its to the point where i've questioned myself enough that i thought about joining the military to get my ass straight. i think it all happened when the highs were around 105-109 for 3 weeks straight and my truck screwed up all at the same time.

my interest now is to get ride of the things i don't need ( get out of the payments ) and higher someone for next season and starting running a business and not a job where i might end up making 10-15/hr.

if you've managed to read this far, thank you. help me sort it out. share experiences or just let me have it.

thanks,
billy

Translation: Man its hot! I have all these accounts that I'm getting paid peanuts for. Did I mention its hot! I just realized that after I pay all my expenses I'm only making $10 an hour. Did I tell you its really hot? I don't want to do this anymore.

The end resul
t!

Billie Bob's LLC
LawnSite Member

2005 f250 4x4 king ranch
2005 f250 4x4. King Ranch edition.

-crew cab.
-6.0 powerstroke.
-75,000 miles.
-Tow Package
-brake controller
-automatic
-power everything, dual power seats
- 6-disc cd changer
-parking sensors

no problems whatsoever

just had egr valve flushed. Runs great.
had to sell business. no longer can afford.

asking 25,750.

if interested, ill post pics. just ask.

Truck is same on on default pic

Hmmmmmm notice the part about selling the business. Translation: I finally figured out that I'm better off working for someone else because I was nothing but a lowballer. But hey its not lowballing its smart. You have to do what you have to do. Right? He didn't sell his business, there was nothing to sell but the truck he could no longer afford.

Another one gone leaving behind his lowballer legacy. So the next time you get that call and hear....But the last guy was only charging me $20, you'll understand.

Dave...

Funny stuff. Notice a pattern here.

Dave

Page generated in 0.03901 seconds with 7 queries