View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnerM View Post
I would agree many peoplle on the site are not very well informed on those things me included and i like procut because these are now making what i want to do more realistic. I like the job alot even when it is physically demanding but this thread makes it seem as though noyone can make it in this buisness i havent read one person who said they grew to fast and then slimmed down and then grew slow and smart and made it. Most people are saying they grew to fast and then they failed and never looked backed and i would like to hear more about what people did to correct themselves or what they should have dont differently. I want to grow big eventually and i want to be realistic but i now after this thread it seems it cant be done
I do not like to see these kind of reactions to this thread. The truth is there is a high failure rate in small businesses, but those that do make it provide a rewarding career for the owner and his employees.

There are many resources available to the small business owner, including this one. I have often read threads that talk about how to calculate operation costs, and then the same person posts his failure story and it is clear that he did not take his own advice.

Learn all you can. Leave nothing to chance. Calculate and prepare for the worst possible scenario. Do not take yesterday's success for granted. Work hard and foster good customer relationships. Do these simple things and you can succeed beyond your hopes.

Oh, and one other thing, read and post on the success story threads. This story was predictable eight ways to Sunday, the final chapter was no surprise to anyone but the author.

Page generated in 0.04137 seconds with 7 queries