View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
I'm sure you've been asked before (I'm not exactly sure where to start looking in the 282 pages of this thread) but how do you like your bob-cat tractor? Do you wish you went bigger or smaller? Is the loader able to dump into your dump truck or even lift high enough to clear the dump truck sides? Anything you wish you could change about it?

As I'm looking to purchase some property this year (about 5 acres hopefully), I am also looking at compact tractors to help maintain the property and maybe use it to expand into more landscape jobs. I've been looking at the 2000 series from John Deere, will probably be a 2520 when I finally am able to purchase. I want to be able to haul it easiy and use it on lawns with little to no turf damage, so I don't want to go too big but yet still want to tractor to be useful and not too small.
I love it, I dont use it a ton but was definetly something I needed-it does lift high enough to get over the boards but barely. There are times I wish i had a skid and times I much rather have this than a skid. I like it because I got a new machine with warranty at a good price. I hope to have a skid one day too. I will keep this for a few years at least. I would love to start brushhogging with it but I just stay so busy with other work too. I wish I did have higher lift and a bit more horse power-it loads salt great but I cant put a vbox in the dump or anything bigger than the vbox in my pickup as it barely makes it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronderzack View Post
Hey Brad,

I think you have done great job in building your enterprise. The mowing and landscaping maintenance you are doing great at. I do think it may be worth while you taking some classes pertaining to the precast concrete and hardscaping world. You will learn what stone material to put behind a wall, what type of drainage, what type of geo-grid, what base should be under paving stones. It is very important to do something correctly and deliver these messages to your customers so they aren't just content with a wall having to be rebuilt every 5 years.
Thanks I really don't think I want to get into hardscaping too much. I just do a few little jobs here and there. If I have time I would take classes but I never seem to have any time and I rather focus my time on other aspects of the business I am better and more efficient at. That might all change time will tell...
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds