View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlade View Post
Since I was 9, I have been mowing lawns. For years it has just been "mowing for some friends and family". Now that I am almost 16, I am wanting to start actually making a business out of it. I can be my own boss & the pay is better than anywhere I could think of. I even have some friends wanting to help me out. The question is: Do I need a business license to operate? I have been kinda scared honesty to create lawn signs, business cars, etc. due to getting in some kind of legal trouble. I watched a video recently of a 10-year-old who had his own business & had all these made & was even wearing a hat with his company name in the video.

I live in TN, so tax in not applicable because I am doing a service, not selling goods. I know I can't open up a business account at the bank w/o a license, so currently I am just using a savings account.

Let me know what I should do please!
A business license is ususally required by the local city or town. Check with your local city office. That is the minimum, consider such things as insurance and etc if you really want to be "legitimate".

Page generated in 0.04177 seconds with 7 queries