View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New esto/work/home F350, diesel vs gas!

This may be in the wrong area but seeing as I will likely be using this truck for everything including landscaping.....

I got the go ahead to look for a new truck this fall
currently I drive my fathers 01 F150 and he drives a 350. Heres the situation.....

I am graduating from college this spring and starting to really get into the hardscape/landscape scene (went to school for horticulture-landscape design). We started plowing 3 years ago and have had very good success, now having to turn down customers. I got the go ahead to look at new trucks for this fall. It will be MY truck but our family company will be paying for it so price is something to think about. We will be going with a ford F250/350 extended cab either new or a couple years used, most likely a f350 as we will be using it for landscaping. This truck will be used for EVERYTHING
-plowing
-landscaping
-Most likely Esto's
-daily driving
-ect.....

My question is what are your guys thoughts on the powerstroke 6.7 diesel or 6.2 gas V8....

Currently we have about 8 gas 1990/2001 250/350s that have worked good. We also have 2 Izuzu tankers w/ diesel.

Another thing is we keep our trucks for their lifetime meaning theres a good chance this truck will be around untill it dies.

So what are your thoughts between the these two engines? Pros/cons?

My dad is mainly worried about the winter months, we've never had a diesel that was used in the winter but have heard you need to let it warm up more along with the noise of them.

Page generated in 0.04006 seconds with 7 queries