View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The whole imprellis thing sucks and I really feel u for regular posters with serious damages.

The pictures cindyb posted of the new Growth that is distorting is really interesting. I Defenitley understand your anger about this product and the damage it caused through no fault of your own.

Sometimes it sounds like you are getting somewhat carried away describing your site a toxic waste dump and doubting the ability of your ground to support life ever again. I understand .why you feel that way.

I've personally spoken to Ohio state researchers who tested the product for several years and said they tried to kill trees with it and are as shocked as anyone with the problems.

Keep in mind most properties that were treated with spruce trees and all kinds of other stuff showed no damage. I sprayed hundreds of lawns and used
several gallons and to date only had damage on two properties. The trees affected on those properties need replaced but are putting on normal new
buds. Other trees in the area on other properties (not my customers) appear the same.

I sprayed areas of my lawn last fall at a heavy rate including around trees that I didn't care about with no negative side effects. Imprellis was used for an entire season in 2010 in test markets with no issue.

I know your property looks like hell and I hope you get reimbursed nicely from dupont. I just wanted to encourage you to keep your chin up, your property will recover - imprellis will not live in the soil forever. It was an unfortunate thing that happened but it isnt toxic dibilitating sludge that will forever ruin your property and everything that tries to grow there. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Page generated in 0.04239 seconds with 7 queries