View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
Facebook

Use a website template service like Weebly to build/maintain/update your own website.

Angie's List has been good to me.... and a customer does NOT have to "put' you there or review you to get on it. That's false info. https://business.angieslist.com/default.aspx Once you are on Angie's List, you may have to do a bit of leg work (nothing major) to get reviews to come in (they give you some tools to do this, free)... I have 20 reviews and the exposure has been great.

Craigslist (at least around here) is the worst, most low-rent type of advertising- only scrub lawn guys fighting over who can do it lower.... I suggest staying away.

Quality work and referrals!!!!

Skip the phone book completely. Total waste of money (IMO) and the salespeople will HOUND you for years.

OH, and NEVER offer "free" cuts or reduced pricing. Next thing you know, word gets around and you're fighting to keep alive because all the discounts and eaten up your profits. Start offering "free" cuts and next you'll be figuring how much you have to mow additionally to make up those costs.

Hey, thanks for the linky. It didn't convince me initially because the linked page doesn't "say" much, but when I clicked on the "FAQ", I do see where it says that a business CAN sign up.

What it says on the main site...

Quote:
How do service companies and health professionals receive grades on the List?
A service or health professional is graded on the List only after a member submits a report and grades about their experience. Companies and health professionals can not pay to be put on the List, nor are they allowed to submit grades on themselves.
That's a bit misleading. It implies what I've assumed and stated previously.
Sneaky wording is what it really is.

Thanks though. The more I know about Angie's List, the more I realize it's just a business with "profit" as their first priority. The "we help people" thing is a distant second.

Page generated in 0.03768 seconds with 7 queries