View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_speedreed View Post
When I looked at an Exmark with the ECS controls it looked like you set it at the speed you want then used braking or slowing of that drive wheel to turn. What do you do when you are in a tight area and need to go up and back only a few feet? I'm not trying to start anything. I really want to know.
All Hydro walk behinds have a "neutral zone" with the controls where nothing happens with the hydros. On yours you twist the grips either forward or back from that zone to Control forward/reverse/turns. On the ECS the "neutral zone" is when the control levers are about 1/2" away from the grips. The farther forward you set the speed setting the farther the levers can go forward. But the Neutral is always in the same spot, and you squeeze tighter from neutral to go in reverse. I would say yours may be a bit easier on the hands at slow speeds(not always having to be squeezing the controls), but ECS is better when you can open it up a little. You set the top speed and release the controls, allows straighter lines.

Page generated in 0.05662 seconds with 7 queries