View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Member

residential mower recommendation

I have approximately 15k sq ft to mow at my house. Currently I have a 1988 22" non-self propelled and a early 2000ish 30" John Deer rider. Using either mower takes about the same amount of time to mow - around 1hour - die to flower beds and hardscape. I'd like to cut my mow time in half.

Most of the time I use my rider because I get enough exercise from playing sports and the push burns oil now and fogs me out. I would use the push to edge around all the beds and get into areas not accessible by the rider.

I have to do a lot of 3 point turns with the rider and the push deck is small but more nible.

Some other factors for deciding what to upgrade, I store my equipment in a 10x10 shed and I also have a tow behind core aerator, de-thatcher, 3 bushel bagger, and home made tow behind leaf collecting cart (collaspable).

So what would you upgrade to cut my mow time in half? I don't mind a walk behind, its just then (assuming the recommendation is for the larger 30+" walk behind) I would be replacing my rider due to storage space. But then don't I lose the capability of towing all those accessories?

If I replace the push with another push (~22"), it won't save on time, but would save my lungs from the fumes.

I was thinking maybe my best options were to replace the JD rider with a ztr rider. But the size of my shed forces me to chose a small ztr rider.

Toro TimeCutter 32" or the Husqvarna 30" are being considered. Does it make sense to drop $2500 for a zero turn to replace a perfectly functioning rider with just about the same deck size. Would it really cut my mow time in half?

Page generated in 0.04000 seconds with 7 queries