Thread: Orchard
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I have no problem with bubblers, as long as the application is even. I've seen way too many bubbler applications where one side of the plant was saturated and the other was dry as a bone.
I am doing 2 per tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
If you can have the heads right near the trees, then why not standard bubblers on risers?
I'd rather have them below ground to keep them from being an eyesore. Either way is fine I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
What kind of fruit trees? How many inches of diameter and how many feet of trunk? What's the dripline and what type of soil?

Your local extension can help you with the watering requirements or you can click here

When you say 3' well, you mean dam? Id say you can use a bubbler, if the soil reaches it's saturation point, the dam will fill up and allow the water to perculate evenly to the root zone.
Apple, plum, pear, peach, perssimon, etc. They are anywhere from 1/2"-2" in diameter. Dripline is about the same as the dam around the tree but varies due to different ages of tree. We are mulching around each tree post irrigation installation so that the mulch can retain the water long after the system has stopped running.
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 7 queries