View Single Post
  #140  
Old 05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
cindyb's Avatar
cindyb cindyb is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: KY
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
Cindy, I'm glad you posted that article link about those who accepted Dupont's offer not receiving a timely check. I was about to post it, but you beat me to it. I will not not approve any offer from Dupont unless it stipulates not only proper compensation but also a deadline on when the check would be issued. They want us to approve their offer within 30 days, so it's reasonable that I require them to send the FULL payment within 30 days of receiving the approved offer from me (if I do approve that is). I don't care how many claims they have, companies are used to billing people and expecting payments in 30 days, that's normal. If we have no guarantee of a deadline for payment in full, they could make you wait a year or maybe more and we'd have no recourse since we signed that we wouldn't sue them. We've got to really watch them and if they don't make things fair then forget this whole direct resolution process. I'm not waiting 5 years for a payment. I'd rather go to court and let the law make them pay and then I'd get punitive damages as well, along with probably treble (triple) compensation.

They might as well not even send me an offer if it does not have a time limit on when they have to pay me in full if I accept the offer.

If anyone or any LCO has clients who've received an offer, please let us know if that offer had any payment date from Dupont specified or any timeframe guarantee. If they don't have that I'm surprised anyone would sign such a basically worthless settlement.
Quote:
I will not not approve any offer from Dupont unless it stipulates not only proper compensation but also a deadline on when the check would be issued. They want us to approve their offer within 30 days, so it's reasonable that I require them to send the FULL payment within 30 days of receiving the approved offer from me (if I do approve that is).
Exactly, my acceptance of their offer will be 30 days and after that, it will be null and void, if I even decide now to work with them. If I get the offer in June and then have to add the additional damage in the counter offer,ties up another month for them to reply and then an additional 2 months at least for them to pay me if I agree. Seems after they get the signature and agreement, you are stuck.

I also don't care how many claims they have, they damaged our property. If you can't do your job with "x" amount of employees, hire more. Not like they didn't make a profit.

Quote:
I'm not waiting 5 years for a payment. I'd rather go to court and let the law make them pay and then I'd get punitive damages as well, along with probably treble (triple) compensation.
Me either. Glad the news are keeping up with it.

I'd like to see also if anyone is getting paid. Watching closely the legal group in Michigan to see their outcome.

You know I would have never dreamed that they would settle and then sit on the payments. Wonder if they are adding interest to their late payment or just collecting.
Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.04805 seconds with 7 queries