View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Residential 42" ZTM - brand selection - reliability

I know this site is more for commercial lawn services and heavier usage, but I would like to get a professional opinion.

I need to get a new mower. We have about 2 acres total to mow. Lots of trees and narrow spaces between trees and fences. Any deck much bigger than 42 will require a lot of work with a second mower. There are very few areas that are just open with a lot of grass to eat up. A 42 will fit about everywhere. Where we are mowing, it is fairly level.

We bought a Toro Timecutter back in 2004 , but the front end fell apart the deck got bent and the engine blew up. It lasted 3 years. Part the problem was too many different people running it and abusing it. We really liked the way it cut new. I currently have a cheapo Walmart rider with a 48" deck, a couple of craftsman pushers and an ancient snapper rider with a 32" deck.

Wife hates to push can't run the snapper and the other rider doesn't have an ajustable seat and she can't reach the pedals. She hates it. Wife says: "I want another Zero Turn Mower".

I have been looking and have these models available and dealers in my area:
(listed by closest dealer and service)

Cub Cadet RZT 42
Toro Timecutter SS4235
Dixie Chopper Zee 1 1942
John Deere EZtrak (Z225) 42
Snapper ZT2142 or ZT2246

Thanks,

Kirk

Page generated in 0.03268 seconds with 7 queries