View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm in TN and went the LLC route and it costs $300 a year. You can fill out the form online and pay by credit card right then. No need to go through Legal Zoom or any of those internet places that "help" you. They ask basically the same questions and do the work which you have already done by filling out there form. They do have some add-ons that might be nice if you want to pay for them. I didn't. I'm in Greene County and a county business license was $20 or $30, I forget which. There are three towns near me that I work in and none of them required a business license for lawn mowing. Two of them don't have any business licenses at all and the third didn't require it because I don't live inside their city limits. I filled out the IRS online form to get an EIN, which was free so I could open a business bank account. I'm not sure what they cities would think about you trying to get a business license at your age so you may have to have your parents be the owners if you're going to get all of the licenses, etc.

Robert

Page generated in 0.03640 seconds with 7 queries