View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reath1 View Post
BR, if you cured the situation with the bouncing and the deck hanging all the way up then disregard but if not...I also adjusted my deck and eliminated this happening at all. Lift your deck up into the highest setting (transport) then adjust the turnbuckle on the right side until your deck hits the rubber bumpers , then let it down just a tad about 1/4". That will give you up to an extra inch of height before the deck latches depending on how yours was set when they assembled it. It will throw the blade height off a little according to what your actual setting plate says but no problem to get used to. And in fact, I didn't measure it to see but it just may be right.

As far as fuel consumption with the 36 Vanguard, I had to mow that other lot we have and it took me a while to get over there to get it done. Had to mulch thick stuff about 10-12" tall again. The Cheetah wasn't empty when I finished but I went ahead and topped it off on the way home since it was on the trailer. 6.4 hours on the meter and I put 11.31 gallons in it and had gas running down the sides of the tank. That's 1.767 GPH over 6.4 hours with at least 3 hours of that mulching 10-12" high grass. And for those that didn't see my other post with pics there is one below. This was severe mowing conditions for any mower and running a mulching kit should burn more fuel on any mower on any lawn as opposed to side discharging. So I would think that the 36 should come in around 1.5 GPH or less depending on the load you put on it.

Yes that is the great thing about the big Vanguards. They use less fuel than the big Kawis and Kohlers no matter the cutting conditions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04541 seconds with 7 queries