View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
You mentioned most of your lawns are cut at 3.5in Was this before or after you checked it?

My Scag is off by about 1/4in. So when I'm cutting, I have to keep that in mind. I tried to adjust it out but it wouldn't without sacrificing transport position. In other words, to get the cut height exact as the setting says, I couldn't lock the deck into transport. Weird but it cuts great and stripes great too so I left it alone.

We cut most lawns between 3 to 3.5". We lean toward 3" in the spring then 3.5 once it starts to get hot out. At 3" it WAS actually cutting at 2 1/4". I always thought it seemed kind of short but the lawns looked good and nobody ever asked us to cut higher and they honestly did not brown out any faster than any other lco's lawns. It was just a couple weeks ago I bought the john deere deck leveling tool and almost shat myself when I checked our 160Z. I went ahead and leveled it up and got it set to where it is cutting 3" when it is in the 3" setting. From now on I am going to inform any dealer I am purchasing from that as soon as I get the mower home I am checking the cut height, pitch and level. If they are off it will be brought right back to them so they can set it correctly. That way they make a point of setting it up correctly before I pick it up.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)

Page generated in 0.03993 seconds with 7 queries