View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Bad rap? Not sure why it gets that. It is a lot cheaper to fully maintain compared to zoysia and hybrid Bermuda. The ONLY thing I hate about it is not being able to kill grassy weeds. Once crabgrass gets in, your done. I have NEVER had problems with chinch bugs, which leads me to fully believe that chinch damage is due to homeowners over-fertilizing and/or watering, and it getting cut too short. I really like Seville. It is more dense and you can cut it a little shorter.
Green Doctor can tell you more about grassy weeds than I but it seems we are now seeing some better solutions for all grass types. Historically crab grass was best controlled with Pre-Emergents.

The big problem in Texas is SA dies if not watered where as the others go dormant. Some parts of this state do not allow SA to be planted or the watering restrictions will kill it.

Not really sure how others keep Zoysia and Bermuda green with their watering restrictions. Buffalo would be much better but harder to establish in a short time.

Page generated in 0.04193 seconds with 7 queries