View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBERS View Post
I like to research all my major purchases. I run 9.5 psi in my rear tires so I realize this. While I'm waiting for a demo I like to do some research. I heard the turf tiger is good but I haven't really heard how bad the cheetah is on hills.
I purchased a Scag Cheetah this year at the beginning of March, with the 61" Velocity Deck, and the 31HP Kawasaki engine. I mostly mow commercial church properties, and 1 in particular has some slightly steep hills. This is the best I can provide you with mine.

When I ride perpendicular on the hills it isn't so bad as long as the ground isn't wet or I'll slide slightly at the ends when I make my turns to cut the other direction. Or I'll slide a little if my speed is too fast when I hit a bump in the ground.
When I go up and down the hills head on it does pretty good, I have the throttle up and go slowly up the hill, because I can hear the extra strain I'm putting on the mower when I am climbing a hill. I have had no issues with tearing grass up, or damaging anything, but just the sliding when ground is damp in early morning or after rains.

Hope that helps,
Mark

Page generated in 0.04120 seconds with 7 queries