View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
First of all, Nice truck! I love that body style. Second of all, you're right, you have to start somewhere. It's not our position to judge others no matter what. You have no Idea what this man's circumstances in life are! I have a good buddy of mine who just started up his own outfit about and hour south of me. He is absolutely the hardest worker I've ever met and/or seen in my entire life. He could work circles around me and I'm sure he could work circles around you. He is great at what he does, and he is does well at engineering up some real good ideas to fix different problems.

He is only 23 yrs old and he uses his grandparents 1992 chevy half-ton that has 235k miles on it and the bed is rusting through. He doesn't even have a trailer yet, he is working on saving up enough dough. He helps his parents out financially at times and he is always watching out for his younger brothers. His mowers are all exmark walk behinds, (36''metro, 60''TT, and just got a 2006 52'' TT). He works with me a few day out of the week. MY POINT IS, he has built up to what he has by searching for good deals, trading for labor on equipment and literally starting from nothing. He didn't have much help from his family financially.

May i recommend that you not judge other people, ever. The guy in your picture may be doing everything he can to feed his family. All-though his equipment isn't as nice as yours, he is still making an effort unlike many Americans who've given up and have decided to let Uncle Sam take care of them.
Yeah, you do have a point, I shouldn't judge as harsh as I do, to say the least I am extremely judgemental and it's something I'm working on. I just don't like seeing rusted out trucks that are lawn/landscape companies as it brings the image of the industry down when I'm trying my hardest to have a professional setup.

Here's an update. Completely ended the partnership, took my name off the company and we unfortunately ended our friendship. Definitely learned my lesson, it sucks but it's something I'll have to get past and keep pressing forward with my own business and I can do things all my way without having anyone else tell me how to do it. Thankfully, not too much was invested financially as we didn't purchase anything equipment wise.

Small landscape rehabilitation.
Before pics, I'll have some afters when I finish it up tomorrow. Was waiting on locates for a tree to be planted as the gas, phone, & electric connections to the house are right by where this tree goes.

Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

Page generated in 0.03648 seconds with 7 queries