Thread: Soil Health
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
The article cited by the OP seems to be little more than an opinion piece and has little scientific background. If you're reading something without references following it, its nothign more than one person's opinion -- not scientific fact.

While the OP's article does a good job highlighting some practices that are important in production ag systems, many of those practices are detrimental in turf systems. That is why I hate it when organic fert salesmen tell me how good their stuff is for growign corn and soybeans. I'm growing lawns -- not corn and soybeans! If the salesman can't adjust between the differences in the two cropping systems, he surely doesn't know anything abotu my business.

Anyhow, if you're going to talk about soil "health" and soil microbial interactions, you need to learn from the experts. Please read the article linked here:

http://aggie-turf.tamu.edu/files-200...ticle-2005.pdf
Amusing. You have replaced one "opinion" piece with another. The above piece is not referenced at all, it merely lists a very small handful of sources for "Further reading." Nice to see you skip .....

Page generated in 0.04275 seconds with 7 queries