View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraGrass View Post
I was looking in the $5K range, but the mower shop less than 1 mile from my land only carries Scag and Simplicity. The 61" models of the freedom z and citation put me into the $6.5 to $8 K range. I really don't want to go smaller than 61". I'm in the Louisville, Ky area and Louisville Tractor carries Scag and John Deere. I feel like I should try to work with the mower shop near me instead of going to a larger place like Louisville tractor, because I'll probably get my mower serviced at the local store. Also, the store quoted me $6500 for Briggs and Stratton freedom z vs $7300 for Kohler freedom z. Is the Kohler really worth $800 more?
Posted via Mobile Device
I did a quick search for a Hustler dealer and I found a few with in range of Louieville. I will put the link at the bottom. Are any of these guys close to you?

The Scag is a good machine, but for that kind of money you could probably get into a Hustler Super duty. The Superduty is an upgraded fastrak, it has the upgraded Kawasaki engine and upgraded 7 gauge deck along with a few other bells and whistles. Now in the mid to upper 5K range you could get into a basic fastrak which comes with a FS Kawasaki engine. It would be worth it to demo a Hustler and the Scag Freedom and see what feels right, it's also nice to get some numbers to negotiate with. Sometimes it is worth a little ride to check another dealer out, but certainly if you are happy with the close dealer support and you like the dealer, that is just as important. I think most guys would agree the Kohler is the better engine, certainly an upgrade and commercial grade. Cutting 5 acres a week, you want a good dependable engine. You cannot go wrong with either machine. A few other quality machines are Gravely, Ferris and Dixie Chopper.

Dealer search
http://www.hustlerturf.com/find-a-dealer.html
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Page generated in 0.04383 seconds with 7 queries