View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonWin View Post
Is this for real? For one i would love to have so many lawns that i would have to work 7 days a week. #2 you dont work with your guys to make sure that they are doing a great job? Telling them that they are gonna have to work weekends if they dont get the yards done is just going to sacrifice quality. They could care less about getting them done with quality if they are getting a set pay and their weekends are being jeopardized.
So do you think the CEO and President of Boeing\GM\whatever company you want to pick, is down on the line with every employee every single day?

Seriously?

You guys do realize there a lot of companies out there with good\great employees that get their work done on time without sacrificing quality and the owner is NOT on the job site with them, don't you?

Must be all 1 -3 man outfits giving this guy advice.

You realize, that given proper training, oversight and information, you can actually get employees that will do almost or as good of work as the owner?

Or are you all micro-managers?

Maybe the reason you can't get more work is because you are unable or unwilling to delegate and trust people to do the work you train and expect of them.

I am flabbergasted at all you that think that quality is automatically going to tank if he is not on the crew with his employees every day, watching their every move, micro-managing the snot out of them.

As for the last part of your comment, seriously? Given proper training, information and oversight, there is no reason employees should not get work done in a set amount of time--regularly, with exceptions for weather.

Page generated in 0.03186 seconds with 7 queries