View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

When and how you started the business? August 2010 as a snow removal company while I was in school studying project management. Decided to give it a go doing lawn care as well after graduating Feb 2011 and having a hard time finding work. I worked for 21 years in printing before getting laid off in Dec. 2008

What you gross in a year? Last year was first full year in business and I did 59K gross

How many employees? 1 (myself) I hire helpers from time to time

What trucks and equipment you use? 4 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 Trucks with Snoway plows, 14ft. dump trailer, 14ft. landscape trailer, Exmark LZ60, Scag Turf Tiger 61, Brown Bed Edger, Stih BR600 (2), Shindaiwa (Swisher) multi-tools (3), Ohio Commercial grade poly dump cart (2) and lots of hand tools.

How's your profit margin in these tough times? Too busy to tell but I had to work by myself today doing lawn care only and grossed $459 working 12 hours. I'd say my profit margin had to be around 35% last year and bit higher this year, but I own everything outright and keep investing a large % of my profits back into the business. This year my goal was 100K gross but a weak snow season (21k Jan-March) may have put that out of reach. It does seem like people are wanting more landscaping side work done this year. I've already done close to 200c.y. of mulch.

Page generated in 0.04006 seconds with 7 queries