View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
I have a feeling you're directing this at my post. Owning and operating a business takes a lot of time invested just to "learn" how to do it. You going out and buying a mower to see if you want to do this isn't the best way to go about it. Now you think if "fun" to ride around on a ztr. It was more then 8 years from the time I "thought" about doing this to the time I had my business name and all the other things in order before I even got on a mower to demo.
Just drop it already. Congrats to you for doing the background work that not everybody does. It doesn't make either of you more right or wrong than the other.

Remember, the guy who started FedEx failed or got a C or whatever on his business plan for FedEx. As I said, experience is the best teacher there is. One can be book smart and street stupid. I know a bunch of business owners that are book dumb (one didn't graduate high school) and is street smart and has a bigger business than the majority of folks on LS. Not in this business either. I am friends with a guy who has a grade school reading ability, but can design and build a machine that will replace 3 or 4 steps using individual machines.

So again, congrats on your way of doing things, but that isn't for everyone. Don't denigrate others for not doing it your way.

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 7 queries