View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There are a few things you should start doing.

- download an SEO extension for Chrome or Firefox. I've always liked Firefox's SEOQuake and Chrome's SEO for Chrome. Just install, hit your site pages and click "Diagnose". Now that I'm looking, as of now, your site essentially has zero SEO...and I immediately see why. Inexplicably, your site is built on frames. The engines will likely see only your home page, which consists of this code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>

<head>
<title>Richter Lawn Care </title>
<META name="description" content="Lawn Care in Sullivan, Illinois"><META name="keywords" content="lawn care, mowing, grooming, cutting, landscaping, trimming, lawn mowing, grass cutting, grass mowing">
</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://www.richterclass.com/rlc" frameborder="0" />
<frame frameborder="0" noresize />
</frameset>

<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 05 -->
<!-- -->
</html>

In Google's eyes, that's your entire site. To wit. Using SEO for Chrome, that's your cumulative search engines' listing. Yahoo and Bing don't show you as existing.

Also, start adding in relevant H tags, especially on your service keywords. Same goes for the TITLE tags on each page. And be sure to make them relevant.

Don't waste time on Meta Keywords, but do include them in to your content.

Then start submitting your site to useful directories and profile sites, such as Bing/Yahoo/Google Local, Manta, ServiceVines.com, etc. Be sure that the address you use for each profile matches each other as that is now a strong cross-reference validator.

Check out Google's Webmaster Tools and that will be of help. Create a sitemap.xml file (google it and you'll find out how) and submit it there, as well as utilize their other tools.

-

Page generated in 0.04698 seconds with 7 queries