View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
I had some stragglers with my 460 so I thought I'd check the deck pitch and long story short miss adjusted it and it didn't help things. Got it back in the shop and corrected my problem. With my fuel tanks half full, no operator on the seat, and all four tires set a 12 psi I readjusted the deck for the 3.5" setting putting the front at 3.5" and the rear at 3 1/8". Thought I was done and tried to put the deck in transport lock and it would not go. Played around another hour and came to the same conclusion I've read about with guys running Exmarks and some other brands. You can't adjust the deck correctly and still achieve transport height lock. Backed it off till it will barely lock if I pop it up fast and must mash the peddle and forcibly pull the release loose to drop it. At this point everything is off by 1/8". With final settings for 3.5", with front at 3 1/8" and rear at barley 3.5". Not very impressed but I guess if it's the worst problem I find with the unit I can live with my cut being 1/8" off from the gauge. Gravely is there anything I'm missing?
Something is not set right on your deck as it should not be leaving stragglers. You should contact your Gravely dealer as there are a couple things they can check to fix this for you.

Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03519 seconds with 7 queries