View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
It was my fault. I messed up the pitch. After correcting the pitch to 1/8" it was much better. Also it was like 12:30 am when I wrote the post and I gave my measurements incorrectly. I now have the deck pitch with the rear 1/8" higher than the front. Talking to my rep he recommended going to 1/4" for the best results. I'm going to try this and see if things get even better. My only beef is this will put my gauge reading off by a little over 1/4" in order to have the deck adjusted to get it into transportation mode. If I go from the humped OEM blade to a flat blade (which also may improve on lift/vacuum) this will counter act the inaccuracy of the gauge reading a little.

At just at 10 hrs. on the machine, when I engaged the deck yesterday at idle my main deck drive belt jumped off. It was easy enough to install and tensioner pulley seemed to have adequate tension so I can't for the life of me figure out why it came off. I went ahead and added a little more tension as a possible remedy.
You mentioned you adjusted the tensioner pulley, but another thing you could check is the spring next to the idler as it may need adjusting. There is a nut on the end of the I-bolt on the spring that may need more tension.

If you still have an issue after adjusting the tension on the spring, it may need realignment.

Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03619 seconds with 7 queries