View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
I'm now concerned about the lack of studies done regarding Imprelis and it's long term effect on humans and animals. We're told there's no harm, yet even the Imprelis label suggests protective clothing and boots must be used when applying Imprelis. Why is that if there's no danger? Also, Roundup is another systemic herbicide and has recently, in the past decade, been found to have an affect on animal cell reproduction.

Read:
"In 2002, a scientific research paper was published in Chemical Research in Toxicology, a publication of the American Chemical Society, entitled Herbicide Roundup Provokes Cell Division Dysfunction at the Level of CDK1/Cyclin B Activation. This bombshell paper reveals the real inherent dangers of the world’s most popular systemic herbicide.

The model they used to test the effects of the glyphosate based Roundup was an embryonic sea urchin in the first cell divisions after successful fertilization. This is suitable for an analog study (meaning that it can be applied to human cell division) because these first divisions represent the universal cell cycle regulation.

They found that a solution containing just 8 mM (millimolar, or 8/1000 moles) of glyphosate “induces a delay in the kinetic of the first cell cleavage of the sea urchin embryos.” This means that the initial cell division, which starts with cleavage of the single cell zygote is delayed, something which could prove destructive in human beings.

Anyone who has taken a biology course can tell you that the human reproductive cycle is a beautiful, finely tuned, and remarkably elegant system. When this system is upset, say by toxins in the mother’s blood, the results are not pretty."

Knowing how late some scientific research gets revealed and how much later we hear of a chemical or drug that has bad side effects, I certainly can't give up my right to file suit against Dupont in the future for problems Imprelis may continue to cause me, my family or potential owners of my property without absolute proper compensation. First it was 'safe' to use on lawns, now we see death to plants. What's next in the cycle of this toxin when it enters our body through eating a plant that has soaked up this stuff or the water from wells, rivers and reservoirs that we drink? Can Dupont guarantee in monetary terms our bodies or will they treat that like they are the 2 year guarantee they're giving for the rest of our trees?

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but these are things to consider before signing on any settlement.
I think you are getting bored now...

Page generated in 0.03752 seconds with 7 queries