Thread: T3 replacements
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lighting Geek View Post
Halco makes a great bi-pin LED drop in and I believe James has a line of drop ins as well. That is what I would do in most situations like yours.
Tommy is correct. Illumicare ( www.illumicaregroup.com) makes a full line of "drop in" LED lamps including a variety of G4 BiPin LED lamps. Unlike the Halco products, Illumicare LED Lamps have been designed and manufactured specifically for use in enclosed fixtures and in moist environments. Developed by an outdoor lighting guy for outdoor lighting guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
Tommy's right. If the system was designed with 10 watt lamps, unless there is just a couple to replace the LED Retrofits would be a good suggestion. They aren't too much either. This way you won't have to worry about how they wired it. The LEDs aren't going to be as bright as a 20 watt T-3 however which will give you about 300 initial lumens or so. The LED's will give you 180-200 Lumens if I recall. I am sure James will chime in and correct me if necessary.
No Need to correct you Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&MLL View Post
10 & 15watt lamps are cheap to keep around. We stock about 100 at a time. If they want LED I would recommend the Illumicare gu5.3 bulb. In my eyes its equivalent to a 15watt halogen or a 24.4watt incandescent. Remember your color temp will be slightly higher. Just keep extras around. Illumicare has told me they have a failure of 1percent out of box. In my experience (over 300 last year) I see closer to 5-6 percent failure out of box.
I would advise you to try the Illumicare G4 BiPin over the G5.3 when installing in those Vista path lights. The socket that Vista uses will not readily accept the G5.3 BiPin lamps. You can select from either the 19mm G4 or the 24mm G4 depending on the fixture style. Same light output from either, but the 19mm fits into more fixtures with its smaller diameter.

Lite-On!

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA

Page generated in 0.04252 seconds with 7 queries