View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the link to the case against DuPont (Master Class Action Complaint). It is 85 pages long so enjoy.
I'm using one of the law firms listed, but I'm one of hundreds that will be objectors and therefore may jeopardize a class settlement (only takes about 5% I believe to object and throw a wrench into the cheaper for DuPont class settlement) and so lots of annoying individual cases coming Dupont's way. Wouldn't want to be 'em.
http://www.starrausten.com/latest-ne..._complaint.pdf

Some of the key complaints against them that so many of us have been saying on here are in these pages:
FACTUAL ALLEGATIONS .......................................................................................... 20
A. DuPontís Development of Imprelis and the EPAís Conditional
Registration .............................................................................................. 20
B. DuPontís Marketing and Sale of Imprelis ............................................... 22
C. Reports of Damage Caused by Imprelis .................................................. 26
D. Analysis of Damage Caused by Imprelis ................................................. 36
E. DuPontís Inadequate Testing Of Imprelis ............................................... 40
F. DuPontís Failure to Warn ........................................................................ 40
G. Imprelisí Defective Design ...................................................................... 43
H. DuPontís Inadequate Response................................................................ 44
I. DuPont Attempts to Shift the Blame ....................................................... 44
J. DuPont Suspends The Sale Of Imprelis................................................... 48
K. The EPA Orders DuPont To Cease Sales of Imprelis.............................. 49
L. DuPontís Scheme To Defraud ................................................................. 52
M. DuPontís Misrepresentations And/Or Omissions .................................... 54

CAUSES OF ACTION
COUNT I VIOLATIONS OF THE DELAWARE CONSUMER FRAUD
ACT (6 Del. Code ßß 2511-2526) (Brought On Behalf Of The
Property Owner Class And The Lawn Care Professional Class) ............. 58
COUNT II VIOLATIONS OF STATE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS
(On Behalf Of The Property Owner Class, The Lawn Care
Professional Class And The Property Owner and Lawn Care
Professional State Subclasses) ................................................................. 60
COUNT III BREACH OF WARRANTY ó EXPRESS WARRANTY (On
Behalf Of The Lawn Care Class, The Lawn Care Professional
State Subclass, And The Ohio Property Owner State Subclass) ............. 64
COUNT IV BREACH OF WARRANTY ó IMPLIED WARRANTY (On
Behalf Of The Property Owner Class, The Lawn Care Professional
Class, And The Property Owner and Lawn Care Professional State
Subclasses) ............................................................................................... 67
COUNT V NEGLIGENCE (Brought On Behalf Of The Lawn Care Plaintiffs,
The Property Owner Plaintiffs And The Class(es)) ................................. 69
COUNT VI STRICT/PRODUCTS LIABILITY ó FAILURE TO WARN............... 71
COUNT VII STRICT/PRODUCTS LIABILITY-DESIGN DEFECT ........................ 73
COUNT VIII NUISANCE (Brought On Behalf Of The Property Owner State
Subclass) .................................................................................................. 75
COUNT IX TRESPASS (Brought On Behalf Of The Property Owner State
Subclass) .................................................................................................. 76

CONTENT FROM:
http://www.starrausten.com/latest-ne..._complaint.pdf

Page generated in 0.04110 seconds with 7 queries