Repair and Maintenance of Hunter System
I have finally, after 4 years of begging, gotten a commercial property owner to allow me to service the irrigation system. I have maintained everything on the property except the irrigation for 6 seasons now. I have a general knowledge of irrigation systems, but I'm no expert.
Here is what I know:
* I estimate there are 25 zones with 8 to 12 heads per zone
* I know for sure, at this point, there are 17 heads which needs to be replaced
* I know the controller is messed up. The system is supposed to run early morning, but it currently fires around 1PM.
Here what I need to know:
* What and how should I charge to change heads?
* What and how should I charge to manually fire the system to see if any other heads are broken and to realign any heads needing it?
* Should I set the system to water a shorter time but twice a day?
I am in Southeast Kansas (Pittsburg) where the summers get hot (100+) and I have typically lost grass in the summers.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and experience!