View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
This number should be based on your overhead, your labor costs and your necessary profit margin

See the answer above... but I will add that it is typically part of our commercial maintenance contracts that weekly irrigation inspection is included in the contract price. Guys who just do irrigation charge to check the system

Ideally, yes. However not knowing any of the real specifics of the site or the system its hard to say.

What you need to do first and foremost is identify the make and model of the controller and get your hands on an owners manual and read it front to back.... twice if necessary. You also need to identify all of the station locations and make yourself a controller chart so that you know where every station is. I don't want to sound like a jerk but it sounds like you may be in a little over your head on this one. I'm sure plenty of others will chime in and give you some guidance as well.
There is quite a bit more to know, and everybody has to start somewhere. I'd be careful about charging more than your present knowledge allows. Most people do not want to pay you to learn on their dime. I for one never mind paying for a job done well. I do resent paying for a crap job. I believe most of the people on this forum are very knowledgeable and at the same time protective of the Irrigation industry. If you have the desire to learn the trade and do it correctly there are plenty of resources to guide you along.

Page generated in 0.04190 seconds with 7 queries