View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Township Still Weighing Offer Over Dead Trees At Chemung Hills
http://whmi.com/news/article/14613
June 13, 2012

6/13/12 - Oceola Township officials are still considering a settlement offer from a chemical company believed to be responsible for damage to trees at the Chemung Hills golf course. It was discovered that spruce trees on the course were dying after being sprayed with the chemical Imprelis that is manufactured by the company DuPont. The chemical was taken off the market last August and resulted in damaged and dead trees all over the Midwest. After examining the trees at the Chemung Hills course, the company certified the chemical was the cause and offered to remove the nine trees at their cost. DuPont also offered the township $92,000 to plant replacement trees and maintain them but the settlement contained a limited clause as to future liability. The township owns the golf course but previously hired a management company to operate it. Supervisor Bill Bamber tells WHMI the settlement is still on the table but another issue has cropped up. Since the offer was made and DuPont visited the course, he says another tree has been identified with damage similar to the others. Bamber says concerns have heightened following the discovery because they don't want to settle and then have more trees affected. Bamber says they anticipate meeting with DuPont in a couple of weeks to discuss the potential settlement. (JM)

They are wise that they did not sign off on that so fast. I remember speaking to Bill Bamber when I first read the first article about their damage and the board meeting and he seemed concerned, as I also have been, about some of the details of DuPont's offer. I'm glad they decided to wait and not jump so quickly to approve.

Last edited by Starbuy; 06-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.04840 seconds with 7 queries