Thread: LED Quote
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relleum View Post
Please understand the gravity and truth to this statement. I purchased over $1000 worth of integrated led fixtures from Volt (their TM 20 and 35 line), and the color output is a problem. They claim 2800k, but they don't look anything like halogen 2800k. It is a shame too, because i combed tons of forums, reviews, and blogs before I took the plunge.

I finally asked them to swap all of them out for their mr16 uplights, and they were gracious enough to oblige (since they are already installed and thus in eligible for exchange). But before I rip them out, I might try filters to get the desired warmth. It's a really tough decision because I know LEDs are the future, but I don't want to spend every night coming home to lights that I don't like..

@JimLewis, you are dead wrong to say that color output is subjective based on our previous experience with halogen. We've had fluorescents forever now, and nobody except my father in law thinks that color is appealing. The problem with most quality LEDs in my experience is that they haven't gotten rid of a slight greenish hue that isn't present with a regular halogen.

So I think Richie's statement needs to be fully addressed by the pros. Because I'm not happy with my LED landscape lighting, and it isn't because my taste has to evolve.
What voltage do you run your mr16s at? I run mine around 11.8-12.2 mostly run prism sure color 5k hour lamps. I find a high quality 2700k retro mr16led lamp to be dead on.

Now say you run mr16s in the 10 range then a 2800k led will look way different
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04596 seconds with 7 queries