View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=Ridin' Green;4446965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post

Ryobi is an actual brand, or at least was. They were around for a looong time before MTD got involved. I was buying Ryobi power saws down in FLA back in the early '80's for a lot less than what you could get a Makita or Milwaukee for back then, and they lasted just as long.

I bought my Ryobi trimmer long before I ever saw any Homelite, CC, or Troy Bilt trimmers in any stores around here, and when I finally did see those brands start showing up, they were exactly the same units with different colors and labels.

MTD was the US distributor for them for a while, and maybe even owned them, I can't say one way or the other on that. I know I used to call Ryobi directly here in the US when I needed a part or something.
I am simply telling you the way things are now. If we have an older model "Ryobi" branded unit come in for repair that is an MTD range built unit, some of the parts are available through MTD from our MTD central. MTD Ryobi was from 2000-2004. If it is a newer "Ryobi" that is in for repairs (which we generally do not take in anymore), they are rebadged Homelite units and parts are sourced through our Homelite/TTI distributor.

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 7 queries