View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Let me add how it effected me, when it would flare up the only comfortable position was laying down or sitting in a manner that eased it, but hurt 10X worse when I'd have to move or get up.

Related to this industry:
While toughing it out, running a trimmer would dang near put me on the ground, especially if I had to slightly twist my body to edge sidewalks or twisting while trimming a long ditch. Sitting on a mower or tractor wasn't bad, provided I didn't have to twist my body or get bounced too much. Getting in a truck was murderous, getting out wasn't bad as gravity was in my favor. Doing any landscaping where you'd have to bend over then back up (aka weeding, floating/finishing concrete, stepping up on things and back down without handholds of some sort)... these are things that I had to do when I built my house with a flared up pinched nerve.

Not related to this industry:
Was a royal PITA to sit on a boat to fish, just as bad to stand on a boat to fish. Walk 1/2 mile in heavy clothing to a deerstand, walk 3 or 4 miles on a quail hunt, add to that any hunt where boots had a few more pounds of caked on mud. Wifey relations.... sometimes it felt better to just lay in that comfort spot where the nerve wasn't flared up.. and not move from it (which yes meant literally just laying there with no relations)!

Like I said last time it flard up I said heck with it, I have good insurance and theres no reason to deal with this anymore and explored finding out what was going on. Therapist said 90% of the people who complain of back problems have the same type of issue as me and simply make it worse by letting it go or toughing it out.

Page generated in 0.04047 seconds with 7 queries