View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Yu know Smallaxe I'm starting to notice that, my Oak tree's for the last two years in front have started looking like the leaves are drying up mid summer?

Early this spring I pulled back a lot of the landscaping paper from around the tree's but I don't think it was enough. I'm still seeing one tree that looks like the leaves are curling up so I left the hose on around the bottom last night for about 4 hours.

Should I pull it all up? I defiantly don't want to loose these tree's hell I had enough problems with tree's

Also, it's not mulch, it's pine bark and I freshened up this spring and last spring also, didn't take any out. Could I have that stuff around the bottom to thick smothering the roots?
I don't think pine bark mulch would ever smother roots, on it's own... your fabric over the top of the tree roots could be seriously drying out the rootzone of the trees however... Here again is another good place to look at the soil and assess its moisture availability...

Page generated in 0.04726 seconds with 7 queries