View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Advice on new/used zero turn mower

I am currently looking to purchase a zero turn mower to cut Bahia grass on 7-8 acres total at 3 different locations. There is some rough terrain in places but not too bad generally speaking. The quality of the cut is rather important. I have up to $5500 to spend and have been looking for new or used mowers within that budget limitation

I have been searching these forums for the past 3 weeks (while I sold other equipment to raise the money) gathering information on the various brands of zero turns and felt like it was finally time to post for specific advice. Ideally, I would like a Bobcat 52" FastCat Pro, but I was quoted $6300 + tax from the only local dealer (didn't ask about anything used). Then I looked at the Husquvarna MZ5225 which has some impressive specs for the $4300 total I was quoted. Lastly, I found a used 09 (maybe 2010?) Hustler Super Z with 60" cut, 31 HP Kawasaki, and 219 hours for $5200 total from an individual. The seller told me he was in a bind with a credit card company, and needed to get rid of it. If I go look at the used Hustler, anything specific that I should be sure to check?

Any advice? I think I have considered every possible mower while weighing the pros / cons of each. As always, thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.03429 seconds with 7 queries