View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
Star, thanks for keeping us up to date.

I've requested minutes from the EPA meeting and received confirmation that they would forward. I'd like to know what happened. I'll share when I get them.

My 2 Willow Oaks are dropping dead leaves all over the front yard. Bushes are dropping needles. My garden not doing much.

That's funny you mentioned the bugs, I noticed last night the pines on top look like something is stripping off bark in the dead areas and sappy stuff is leaking in the middle. I'd take a closer look but they are 40 ft plus tall.
Great. Would love to see the minutes from that meeting.

As far as the insect damage now appearing at the tops of your Imprelis weakened pines, the insect borer is a big problem for pines that are damaged. The larvae are under the bark and eat away. The small amount DuPont is offering for us to "maintain" the tree that wasn't rated bad enough (error) at the time of their visit, is a joke. The money would get easily spent just trying to fend off the insects and certainly won't cover what it costs to have it pruned. Then, what's left is a misshaped mess of a tree that I wouldn't want anyhow.

Page generated in 0.04061 seconds with 7 queries